We can’t recommend enough getting your boiler serviced annually. It allows any problems to be picked up and resolved early which helps reduce costly breakdowns and ensures your boiler is operating safely and efficiently, which in the long run can save you a lot of money!
If you have a new boiler you may also be required to have your boiler serviced every year to uphold your manufacturers’ guarantee. A one off Gas Boiler service costs £60 however, if the boiler was installed by us then we will carry out the service for £40 for the full guarantee period saving you 1/3 every year!
So what does a Service include?
- A visual inspection of the boiler, flue, ventilation and gas meter for any defects.
- Clean out any lint and debris within the boiler.
- Check the flame picture and safety devices are correct.
- Ensure the heat input or burner pressure are correct.
- Carry out a flue gas analysis to confirm that the appliance is operating safely and within tolerances.
- Carry out a gas tightness test on the meter and pipework to check for gas leaks.